Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wonder Arts: 9am Class, Oil Pastels, Fingerpainting, Clay


My first classes started off so wonderful!!! I spent the first classes by just trying to reconnect or connect for the first time with my families. In all my years of study, I have never read anything about teaching a Parent-child class... so, it's a lot of following my instincts and learning to listen to not only the children but the adults in the room as well. Many teachers would not dream of teaching a class with parents or caregivers right there beside them... However, I truly feel it has been a gift to me at this time of my life. Learning about the children through their caregivers has been an eye-opening experience. It's a fantastic social experiment...10/11 different adult temperaments, parenting styles... matched with 10/11 various child temperaments and personalities + 1 Teacher, mother = an exciting experience every time!

We all have so much in common. Loving our children is number 1 !!! Wanting to do right by them is our quest. Enjoying parenthood mixed with fleeting moments of wanting to buy a one-way single ticket flight to Jamaica. These commonalities are what brings us all together in a class environment where we hope to learn about our little ones, expose them to high quality learning experiences, be in a social setting, and maybe connect with another child or for the adults... connecting with another parent!

Both Wednesday and Thursday, returning caregivers and parents shared stories with me of how I had affected their families lives. From empowering a little one to take off and put on his own shoes to Potty training ideas. Knowing that I have been invited into your lives is an awesome honor and I take it so seriously. This is such a rewarding job and I just want to say Thank you to all my families for participating in this wonderful Wonder Studio Community!










One of the most wonderful gifts we can give our children is to show them our own courage and willingness to try something new!






Conquering the Clay!










No comments:

Post a Comment