Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wonder Arts: 10:30am Class, Oil Pastels, Fingerpainting, Clay

My first classes started off so wonderful!!! I spent the first classes by just trying to reconnect or connect for the first time with my families. In all my years of study, I have never read anything about teaching a Parent-child class... so, it's a lot of following my instincts and learning to listen to not only the children but the adults in the room as well. Many teachers would not dream of teaching a class with parents or caregivers right there beside them... However, I truly feel it has been a gift to me at this time of my life. Learning about the children through their caregivers has been an eye-opening experience. It's a fantastic social experiment...10/11 different adult temperaments, parenting styles... matched with 10/11 various child temperaments and personalities + 1 Teacher, mother = an exciting experience every time!

We all have so much in common. Loving our children is number 1 !!! Wanting to do right by them is our quest. Enjoying parenthood mixed with fleeting moments of wanting to buy a one-way single ticket flight to Jamaica. These commonalities are what brings us all together in a class environment where we hope to learn about our little ones, expose them to high quality learning experiences, be in a social setting, and maybe connect with another child or for the adults... connecting with another parent!

Both Wednesday and Thursday, returning caregivers and parents shared stories with me of how I had affected their families lives. From empowering a little one to take off and put on his own shoes to Potty training ideas. Knowing that I have been invited into your lives is an awesome honor and I take it so seriously. This is such a rewarding job and I just want to say Thank you to all my families for participating in this wonderful Wonder Studio Community!































No comments:

Post a Comment