Friday, February 8, 2013

Life is what happens...Wonder Science

Let me just say it...

I am in a constant state of evaluating the "mission" behind The Wonder Studio.

As a business owner, those business folks tell you this is a key part of running a business.
So...
On some days, I am so sure that it's all about the children learning.

How can I offer experiences that challenge the children?

What experiences will continue to engage them and lead to a love of learning?
Then...
On other days, it's very clear to me that Wonder Studio is a place of learning for the Adults.
Perhaps, an adult's perspective on his/her own child can be altered.

Maybe, an adult's entire perspective on how young children learn best can be strengthened.
Then, during my Monday morning Science class...the Alarm went off!
Literally, the Fire alarm DID go off. 
One of my little guys pulled it.
Whoops!
The entire lower division had to evacuate the school...

And our class was interrupted.
Mom, of course, felt terrible.  And I felt terrible for her.

But, in another way, I was sort of proud.
Now, the maintenance crew is teasing me ;)
After class, one of the maintenance crew, said it made perfect sense to him.  
He told me, "Hey, it's the "Wonder" studio...one of your little guys "wondered" what would happen if he pulled the lever."
It's so true!! 
And, I now I understand that The Wonder Studio is on the path to fulfill it's namesake. 

We are a place of Wonder.

Where children can wonder, what if's...
Parents can learn from their children wondering...
And the adult's plans are interrupted...My plans should be interrupted
because
we often learn the most when we go off what we thought was our mission.
Life is what is happening here at The Wonder Studio.
John Lennon sang it best...(about his own beautiful boy!)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
Let's see where these interruptions take us!





























No comments:

Post a Comment