Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Least Favorite Word!! 9am Wonder Studio

Wow!  Is all I am left with after these 2 classes this week.  So much happened...the children dug so deep in their interactions, explorations, and experimenting.  Today's classes made re birthing Wonder Studio so worth it!!  
You can see E. in the above picture (who took my classes last year, a Wonder Studio Alum, if you will;), taking the Insta Snow to the next level.  Her experiment was so well thought out and calculated and provided all of us with questions, joy, and curiosity!  
She was so motivated to share her idea with me and it made me so thrilled to be her teacher.  Although of course I think of her as the teacher!!







Here is Indiana Jones who spent much of the first 2 classes in observation mode, which was respected by Mom (although not to say it wasn't easy!).  In today's class he spent focused time exploring the experiences with relish and with Sound Effects!!
















It about broke my heart when N. desperately needed to explore adding water to the flour and I had to say No (One of my least favorite words in the Wonder Studio!).  But this is one of my biggest challenges as a teacher is the consideration of my own family (Sad, right?).  Cleaning up flour and water (or as I like to call it glue) is so time consuming and after classes I am often in a rush to return home to little Guy to relieve the babysitter (who has a Master's degree in Education, how lucky am I?) as well as my engorged breast feeding body, that I haven't thought of a way YET, to allow the children free reign on this material.  BUT I am determined that it will happen and N.'s intention was not ignored and she is a force to be reckoned with, I PROMISE!!!  It will happen!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment