Thursday, January 12, 2012

10:30 am Wonder Arts

They say it's like Riding a bike...well at least they say that about riding a bike...I don't know if teaching is the same, but it definitely did feel familiar and wonderful to be back!  It was great to get to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones!  But most of all to see the children joyfully exploring my carefully planned experiences is such a reward in itself.  Some of the children chose one spot and stuck to it, some fleeted from one to another, and some seemed more interested in the puzzles.  As the weeks progress and new and different experiences are offered, it will be interesting to see how they approach the materials and what intrigues them.  I love learning about each one and of course that Lap that brought them!
I am not feeling very philosophical at the moment but want to share one of my favorite bloggers out there:  Janet Lansbury.  She is a RIE teacher in LA and I am recently embracing much of the RIE philosophies lately.  I never seem to be able to agree fully with one philosophy but this one is very close!
Sharing of course came up often in both classes yesterday, so here is a post on sharing.  Let me know what you think!!










































No comments:

Post a Comment