Friday, January 18, 2013

The Messy Class: Wonder Science

"The messy class:  that's the point right?"

I know some Wonder Studio clients must feel worried that anything they might say to me is fair game for a Blog entry...and they're right!!

Luckily, the quote from above is from a friend who I don't think will mind too much if I address her statement.
Her statement was in regards to the Arts class but I think the messy factor of Wonder Studio classes applies to both the Arts and Science.
I do tout my programs as being Messy-oriented... and many of the experiences I offer do tend to end up creating quite a mess...and if you haven't been to a Saturday class yet...you haven't seen what Mess is really all about!
But;  Is creating a mess the goal of my program?

Can you still graduate successfully from a Wonder Studio class if you leave "Clean"?
Anyone that has kids understands that they come with a mess.  Day 1 right there in the birthing room should come as the first lesson in parenthood.  Kids = Mess.
Perhaps, we can try and curb the mess by organizing their "stuff" in bins, totes, and bags.
We can turn the TV on for an hour here or there and try and get the "mess" under control.
But ultimately, the "mess" returns.  

Sometimes, the mess comes about in tears, kicking, hitting, screaming, scratching (and not just on the parents side ;)
Let's face it...Life is Messy.

At The Wonder Studio...we're embracing that fact. 

We're learning from our messes.  

At the end of class, children and adults will leave with a new understanding that you can get yourself in quite a mess but somehow come out of it clean again.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment