Sunday, September 9, 2018

Self-Care September, Full Moon Touch Drawing and Steamakers

Self-Care September

Yes, I'm going to bug you about how are you taking care of you? One day, I will make such a great Grandma!!
But really, Life is meant to be inspired and enjoyed...don't just get through it. Make a goal this month to do something (maybe multiple somethings) that feed your soul. Write it down, put a little check box beside it and it will even feel good when you check it off.
Sometimes, we are not even sure what are the things that feed our soul? So, just experiment...Brainstorm...

Don't wait for a vacation...build the self-care into your everyday routine...
A friend was just telling me that Thursday nights are her night to go out with friends or even by herself (you may or may not see her pictured above with me on a Thursday night).
My husband loves to take walks on his lunch break at a local nature preserve...
We spend so much time helping our children to fill their time with developing hobbies and interests, why do we not spend that same amount of time discovering our own?
It doesn't phase us at all (well maybe a little) to drive our children to piano lessons, karate, music class, Wonder Studio, multiple times a week...What about us?
Here's a poem remembered by a friend, written by our friend, Anonymous :

As I walked by Myself:
As I walked by myself,
and talked to myself.
Myself said unto me,
"Look to thyself,
take care of thyself,
for nobody cares for thee.'
I answered myself,
and said to myself
In the self-same repartee,
Look to thyself
or not look to thyself,
the self-same thing will be.'

One way to Take care of yourself is of course one of my favorites:
Art!!
Our Next Full Moon Touch Drawing class date is:
Saturday, September 22nd 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Register here:
https://thewonderstudio.as.me/?appointmentType=8022745

Working Parents, Grandmas, Caregivers,
Saturday Wonder Studio classes are Still open for Registration...This is great for those School-Aged kids (pre-school ages too!) who can't come to Wonder Studio during the week...they can still get their Arts and Science sensory immersion in on the weekend! You can register here: https://thewonderstudio.as.me/

Are you curious to tour Shorecrest Preparatory School? You guys know that I am a huge fan...I have been a teacher at Shorecrest, I send my children to Shorecrest, and I have my business at Shorecrest. The SteaMaker's event is a low-key but extremely fun time that allows you and your family to come and see the school, play, have fun and get a tour of the facilities and even meet some teachers. Come and learn about this wonderful place!
Register here:
http://more.shorecrest.org/steam-openhouse18

No comments:

Post a Comment